Saturday, August 1, 2009

NO DREAM IS IMPOSSIBLE.


I started practicing soccer at a local ground in Rainawari and gradually paved my way to Iqbal Sports Club as a defender. Before landing in East Bengal FC and acting as a key component in the club's victories in several tournaments like Federation Cup, I played an essential role in enriching the spirits of teams like JK Police, JK Bank, HAL Bangalore, ITI Bangalore, Sporting Club Goa and Mohan Bagan.I agree that cricket is a popular game in our state and in our country aswell. Evn I have played and enjoyed cricket at school. However, my father was an inspiration for me. He supported me tremendously and wanted me to achieve laurels in soccer.No matter what sport it is, it needs hard work and ambition. However, as perceptions change so does the aims. In the initial phase of my sporting career I wanted to play for JK Police, then moved to JK Bank, HAL Bangalore, ITI Bangalore, Sporting club Goa Mohan Bagan, East Bengal FC and National team. I personally believe that I am the person who dared to switch clubs. Every club I was a part of was a learning step and it is the case with East Bengal FC. It was not so difficult to adapt to the conditions there as I have had the practice of switching clubs. East Bengal FC added fervor to my skills as the club is filled with finest and experienced players. It raised my eagerness to give a tussle to the best in business.
I cannot say that major changes have taken place since then. When I started playing soccer, the circumstances were very adverse and keeping the determination up was really challenging. Now the situation has developed a bit and subsequently new generation is getting inclined towards soccer. I have seen the grounds in kashmir now and I am happy that infrastructure in being developed. Also, coaches are available and that increases the scope of learning the art of soccer. J&K Bank over the years has developed its game and is today one of the best teams of north zone. Bank recently won the LG Cup at Delhi which it never had won before.
There is no dearth of talent in Valley.The only thing here players lack is exposure. If players frequently play outside, their talent will get polished.The biggest attraction for a player towards any sport is the job security. Players despite of having talent and skill don't opt for soccer as they find no scope in it. Consequently this results in a huge loss of talent in valley. Valley lags far behind if I compare its facilities with others. First of all there is no professionalism which is the soul any sport. Parents hesitate to allow their children to play soccer because they find no prospect in it, which to a great extent is true about the soccer in valley. Outside there are football academies like Tata Football Academy. The products of these academies are far superior to the products of our state. The players of these academies are looked after very carefully. They are continuously monitored and kept under observation. They (academies) maintain a proper record of their players which later helps them to get adjusted in one or the other premier soccer clubs. In valley we don't have such academies except Iqbal Sports FC, which too has a limited approach. The players of the club can join at the most JK Police or JK Bank. It really is difficult for them to think beyond. Besides, Fitness is essential for any sport. In professional clubs Players are kept fit and healthy. Physical trainers and doctors frequently check the fitness of players. The club besides the skill hunts for fit and strong players.
I have played in very tough conditions and still came out as a winner. My journey to senior national team is full of sheer determination and hard work.The objective behind writting this article is that all the people who admire my game and have respect for me can contact me without any hassle. Through the website www.mwadoo.com or through my emails mehrajuddin_24@yahoo.com and jkfpwa@gmail.com.I want the soccer aspiring youth who do not have favourable soccer conditions, particularly of my home land, to realise that no dream is impossible to achieve if strived with urge and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment